2017 Yamaha YZF-R6 ABSCONQUER ROAD
Since its debut in 1999, the R6 has been the bike of choice for serious 600 class riders and racers. For 2017, the R6 features a host of improvements including new ABS brakes with larger front rotors, new 43 mm fully adjustable inverted forks and an R1 inspired body design that is sure to turn heads. The R6 is full of innovation and technology you won't find on the competitor's machinery.POWER
Ultra-compact, lightweight, short stroke, 599 cc, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled, in-line four-cylinder engine with lightweight titanium valves produces incredible horsepower. Redline is set at an amazing 16,000 rpmPERFORMANCE
The YZF-R6 features a newly designed front fairing and windscreen that provides an 8% improvement in aerodynamic efficiency. This contributes to a higher top speed during track riding.HANDLING
The front end gets an upgrade with YZF-R1 based easy-adjustable KYB 43 mm inverted forks and larger 320 mm discs with ABS which provides superb stopping power.
Features may include:
- New 6 mode traction control system (5 - modes plus off)
- New D-Mode system ( 3 modes)
- New design C.F. die cast magnesium sub-frame
- New R1 based KYB 43 mm fully adjustable inverted fork with easy access adjusters (R6 specific settings)
- New fully adjustable KYB piggyback rear shock
- New ABS equipped brakes with larger 320 mm dual front discs
- New 17 litre R1 style aluminum fuel tank
- New YZF-M1 MotoGP inspired aerodynamic fairing
- New LED headlights & LED position lights
- New R1 style, folding mirrors with integrated LED turn signals
- New seat & R1 inspired "flow thru tail" section
- New lightweight cast aluminum wheels & tires
- Ultra-compact, lightweight, short stroke, 599cc, DOHC, 4-valve, liquid-cooled, in-line four-cylinder engine with lightweight titanium valves produces championship winning horsepower. Redline is set at an amazing 16,000 rpm.
- Compact "pent roof" cylinder head design features ultra-lightweight titanium valves.
- Valve adjustment intervals are every 42,000 kms.
- High flow intake & exhaust ports mean excellent power delivery at all rpms.
- Lightweight magnesium cylinder head cover & crankcase case covers.
- Direct ceramic composite plated ?liner less" stand alone cylinder (cylinder is not part of the upper crankcase).
- Lightweight, short skirt, forged pistons.
- L lightweight crankshaft.
- High lift / high performance, hollow camshafts.
- Crankcases feature a "tri-axis" layout for the crank, main & drive axles.
- Closed loop, 41 mm Mikuni throttle body fuel injection system with twin injectors.
- Yamaha Chip Control Throttle (YCC-T) system.
- Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake (YCC-I) system.
- Yamaha "D-Mode" variable throttle control system ... 3 modes available.
- Traction control system ... 5 modes available plus off.
- 7.6 litre air box utilizes a high flow viscous paper type air filter.
- Ram air induction system.
- Close ratio 6-speed transmission delivers seamless power delivery & maximum acceleration.
- Slipper or back limiter clutch assembly.
- Wet sump oil lubrication system with liquid-cooled oil cooler.
- High capacity cooling system.
- Maintenance-free Transistor Controlled Ignition (TCI).