Price does not include $249 Freight, $249 PDI and $149.99 Document fee. Call Leeane or Russ for more details 250-763-1010
2017 Yamaha WR450FCONQUER DIRT
The WR450F utilizes many of the same features as our championship winning YZ450F. Yamaha's engineers draw on the highest level of competition for inspiration & innovations. From engine design to suspension to exterior styling, the racing performance & presence of our legendary YZ models can be found in our entire off road competition model lineup.POWER
The WR450F utilizes our latest championship winning YZ450F rearward slanted, reverse fuel injected engine design. Tuning has been revised to suit enduro style use. The WR450F produces serious power for those riders who are serious about winning. And with our optional GYTR Power Tuner and special kit ECU, the machine can be quickly "tuned" to suit riding conditions and rider preferences.FRAME
Compact "Bilateral Beam" aluminum frame centralizes mass for exceptional handling & manoeuverability, especially in tight technical situations. By centralizing mass, our engineers have produced a machine that feels and handles more like a 250. Add in the industry's best & most "tune-able" suspension system and you have an unbeatable combination.Features may include:
- "Reversed" rearward slanted engine design with 4-valve cylinder head (titanium valves)
- Forward mounted fuel injection & rear exiting "wrap around" exhaust
- 5-speed, wide ratio transmission
- Bilateral Beam aluminum frame with YZ based, adjustable suspension
- 35 watt headlight & LED tail light
- GYTR Power Tuner compatible (Competition Only Kit ECU is required)
- YZ450F based, "reversed" liquid-cooled, 450cc, DOHC, 4-valve (titanium), 4-stroke, single with fuel injection & electric starting. The engine has been tuned for excellent "ride-ability & controllability" delivering a broad, easy to use power band with excellent power characteristics.
- Rearward slanted, reversed cylinder design.
- "Reversed" engine design (FI system is front mounted, exhaust exits from rear of cylinder).
- Electric start with manual kick starter & auto decompression system. Unit can be re-started in any gear.
- There is no main ignition switch on this model.
- Compact 4-valve cylinder head features a 12.5:1 compression ratio.
- Lightweight titanium valves use load-reduced oval valve springs.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner.
- Lightweight hollow intake & exhaust camshafts.
- Lightweight, ceramic composite coated aluminum cylinder.
- Cylinder "cutaways" allow air "trapped" under the piston to enter a side chamber (or cutaway) to reduce horsepower-robbing "pumping losses."
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
- The crankcase also utilizes cutaways to reduce "pumping losses". The crankcase cutaways match the cutaways in the cylinder for maximum efficiency.
- YZ450F based, compact, lightweight "Bilateral Beam" aluminum frame.
- Lightweight, tapered aluminum swingarm.
- Lightweight detachable rear sub frame.
- YZ450F based, 48mm, adjustable, inverted, Kayaba "SSS" cartridge fork with 310mm (12.2") of wheel travel.
- Fork features a twin-chamber, "Speed Sensitive System" design meaning the damper unit is in a separate structure (completely separated air & oil chambers) which prevents aerated fork oil from entering the inner damper assembly and degrading its damping abilities. Since the inner damper is pressurized, it also eliminates bubbles forming in the oil.
- Fork also features a Transfer Control Valve (TCV).