Price does not include $249 Freight, $249 PDI and $149.99 Document fee. Call Leeane or Russ for more details 250-763-1010
2017 Yamaha WR250FCONQUER DIRT
We've taken our revolutionary YZ four stroke motocross technology and applied it to the enduro world. Rearward slanted engine, reversed cylinder, forward mounted fuel injection and a compact chassis are just some of the key features found on the WR250F. Delivering light, agile handling on tight trails, the WR is also a great choice for the experienced recreational rider too.PERFORMANCE
The latest generation YZ250F engine is the inspiration for the WR power plant. A forward mounted 44 mm fuel injection system supplies fuel to the 4-valve cylinder head, while the wrap around exhaust removes the spent charge and centralizes mass at the same time. A couple of items you won't find on a YZ250F is the WR's 6-speed transmission, electric starting and radiator cooling fan.FRAME & SUSPENSION
The adjustable KYB suspension found on our YZs is considered by many to be the best in the biz. So, we have added them as well as our Bilateral Beam all aluminum frame to the WR. Adjustable KYB "SSS" forks and piggyback rear shock allow you to tailor suspension settings to match weight, riding style and terrain. While the chassis design centralizes mass for fast, accurate, agile handling.Features may include:
- Larger 270 mm front disc brake with wave-style rotor & twin piston caliper
- Latest generation YZ250F based rear slanting engine
- Forward mounted fuel injection & mass centralizing wrap around exhaust
- YZ based, adjustable suspension
- 35 watt headlight & LED tail light
- GYTR Power Tuner compatible (Competition Only Kit ECU is required)
- YZ250F based, "reversed" liquid-cooled, 250cc, DOHC, 4-valve (titanium), 4-stroke, single with fuel injection & electric starting. The engine has been tuned for excellent "ride ability & controllability" and delivers a broad, easy to use power band with excellent power characteristics for enduro style racing or riding.
- Rearward slanted, "reversed" cylinder design.
- "Reversed" engine design (FI system is front mounted, exhaust exits from rear of cylinder).
- Electric start with manual kick starter & auto decompression system. Unit can be re-started in any gear.
- There is no main ignition switch on this model.
- Compact 4-valve cylinder head features a 13.5:1 compression ratio.
- Lightweight titanium valves with load-reduced, oval valve springs.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner.
- Lightweight hollow intake & exhaust camshafts.
- Lightweight aluminum cylinder features a ceramic composite coating applied directly to the aluminum block.
- Special cylinder "cutaways" allow air "trapped" under the piston to enter a side chamber (or cutaway) to reduce horsepower-robbing "pumping losses."
- The crankcase also utilizes cutaways to reduce "pumping losses". The crankcase cutaways match the cutaways in the cylinder for maximum efficiency.
- YZ250F based, compact, lightweight "Bilateral Beam" aluminum frame.
- Lightweight, tapered aluminum swingarm.
- Lightweight detachable rear sub frame.
- 48mm, adjustable, inverted, Kayaba "SSS" cartridge fork offers 310mm (12.2") of wheel travel.