Price does not include Freight, PDI, Documentation Fee or Tax. Do to the website being infrequently updated, Rebates may be outdated from day of purchase.
2017 Yamaha YZF-R3 ABSCONQUER ROAD
Yamaha has raised the bar again in the entry sports class with the addition of ABS braking to very popular R3. Sporting a twin cylinder 320 cc engine and an ultra lightweight chassis, the R3 offers a solid combination of class-leading power and light, agile handling. Add in an easy to ride personality and confidence inspiring ABS brakes and you have the perfect recipe for a super fun riding experience !PERFORMANCE
Powering the R3 is a 320 cc, DOHC, parallel twin featuring a 4-valve cylinder head, 32 mm throttle body fuel injection and 6-speed transmission. Dig a bit deeper and you will find many of the high tech features found in our R6 power plant inside this engine too. Highway speeds are easily obtainable making the R3 a very versatile machine.EASY RIDING
The R3 has been designed to provide a fun, enjoyable riding experience. To R3 utilizes a lightweight diamond type steel frame which is narrow and compact with a low 780 mm (30.7") seat height. The addition of ABS gives you piece of mind while braking under pressure or in wet conditions.
Features may include:ENGINE
- Lightweight & compact, 320cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 8-valves (4-valves/cyl), fuel injected, inline-twin cylinder engine. The engine has been designed to provide solid performance right across the rev range, with very linear throttle response, low vibration & excellent fuel economy.
- Downdraft style, compact combustion chamber
- The YZF-R3 uses regular 87 octane gas
- Intake valves are 26 mm in diameter & exhaust valves are 22.5 mm.
- Valve adjustment interval is every 42,000 kms.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner.
- Lightweight, all aluminum DiASil cylinder (die cast all aluminum cylinder with silicone content).
- 180 degree crankshaft with uneven firing order.
- Gear driven "primary coupled-force" balancer shaft.
- Lightweight forged aluminum pistons
- Carburized connecting rods (carburizing is a form heat treating).
- "Closed loop" 32 mm throttle body fuel injection system.
- Air box utilizes a viscous paper type air filter.
- Compact, 6-speed transmission.
- Compact, wet-type, multi-plate clutch.
- Low mounted, 2 into 1 exhaust system.
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI).
- Easy access spin-on type oil filter & engine oil drain plug.
- Air Induction System (AIS... not ram air).
- Lightweight, diamond-type, high tensile, steel frame
- The riding position is one of the most important features of the R3. Despite its super sport styling the R3 offers excellent rider comfort thanks to its upright riding position.
- Tapered, long design, high tensile steel swingarm.
- 41mm KYB conventional style fork offers 130 mm (5.1") of wheel travel.
- Adjustable Monocross link-less rear suspension with 125 mm (4.9") of wheel travel.
- ABS equipped 298 mm floating front disc brake squeezed by a twin piston caliper.
- ABS equipped 220 mm rear disc is squeezed by a lightweight single piston slide-type caliper.
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS).
- Lightweight, cast-aluminum 10-spoke mag wheels.
- Clip-on style handlebars.
- Separate rider & passenger seats with low 780 mm (30.7") seat height.
- Full featured liquid crystal multi-function meter.
- Race inspired full fairing.