Price is MSRP...Finance Fees and Taxes are extra...but are all included in the payments
2017 Yamaha YZ250XCONQUER DIRT
Cross country and enduro racing are currently experiencing increased popularity and growth. Based on the legendary YZ250 2-stroke, the "X" version has been developed using all of Yamaha's extensive 2-stroke knowledge to produce a model that offers a high level of performance for cross country racing. The YZ250X is a lightweight, compact machine that is both exciting to ride and affordable to own and maintain.PERFORMANCE
The YZ250X is a super light weight package that offers serious 2-stroke power. The engineers modified the cylinder head, adjusted the compression ratio, revised the exhaust port timing and changed the gear ratios in the 5-speed transmission to better suit cross country racing (vs. YZ250). The YZ250X engine offers a good depth of power with an easy to use engine character.THE EXTRAS
Cross country focused chassis features include softer suspension settings front & rear, an 18" rear wheel for more puncture resistance, an aluminum side stand and a fuel petcock that offers a reserve position for peace of mind (vs. YZ250).Features may include:
- Larger 270 mm front disc brake with wave-style rotor & twin piston caliper. The 2017 YZ250X is based on the current YZ250 2-stroke with the following additional features that enhance its competitiveness for cross country racing / riding.
- "Re-tuned" engine Vs. YZ250 (head, ignition, porting & YPVS)
- Wider ratio transmission gears Vs. YZ250 (3rd gear & higher)
- New expansion chamber shape
- Revised front & rear suspension settings
- On-off-reserve fuel petcock
- Lightweight, compact, liquid-cooled, 249cc, piston-reed-valve-inducted, 2-stroke.
- Key engine differences Vs YZ250.
- Lightweight, flat top forged aluminum piston.
- "Liner-less", ceramic composite cylinder bore with ceramic coating sprayed directly on the aluminum block.
- Lightweight, ball bearing style crank.
- YPVS power valve system features a total of three slides (one main and two auxiliary slides).
- Keihin PWK38S carburetor with power jet & throttle position sensor (TPS).
- Special-design, 4-petal, carbon fiber reeds.
- Smooth-shifting, wide ratio 5-speed transmission.
- Heavy-duty, multi-plate clutch.
- Lightweight, aluminum, semi-double-cradle frame.
- Lightweight, tapered design aluminum swingarm.
- Cast aluminum upper and forged lower triple clamps.
- Adjustable handlebar mounts.
- "Speed Sensitive System" 48mm, adjustable, inverted, "twin chamber" KYB fork. Front wheel travel is 300 mm (11.8").
- Fork also features a Transfer Control Valve (TCV).
- Large "wrap-around" plastic fork protectors.
- Monocross link rear suspension features a fully adjustable, Kayaba, piggyback shock which provides 315 mm (12.4") of wheel travel.
- New, larger, 270 mm floating front "wave-style" disc brake with Nissin twin piston caliper.