On sale now! **price does not include freight/PDI/doc
2018 Yamaha YZ450FXCONQUER DIRT
The YZ450FX comes with a world championship winning heritage. Our engineers draw on the highest level of competition for inspiration & innovations. From engine design to suspension to exterior styling, the racing performance & presence of our YZ models can be found throughout our entire competition model lineup.POWER
At the heart of the YZ450FX is our proven YZ450F rearward slanted, "reversed" fuel injected engine featuring cross country oriented tuning. Electric starting is a feature many riders will appreciate and along with its wide ratio transmission, adds serious versatility to the largest member of our "FX" family. Whether competing in cross country events, vet motocross, ice racing or even snow biking, the FX is a winning choice.FRAME, SUSPENSION & BRAKES
Compact "Bilateral Beam" aluminum frame centralizes mass for exceptional handling & light weight manoeuverability. By centralizing mass, our engineers have produced a machine that feels and handles more like a 250. Add in our YZ based, easy to tune KYB "SSS" suspension and your trophy case just might need an extra shelf.
Features may include:ENGINE
- YZ450F based, "reversed" liquid-cooled, 450cc, DOHC, 4-valve (titanium), 4-stroke, single with fuel injection and electric starting. The engine has been tuned for excellent "ride-ability & controllability" delivering a broad, easy to use power band with excellent power characteristics.
- Rearward slanted, reversed cylinder design.
- "Reversed" engine design (FI system is front mounted, exhaust exits from rear of cylinder).
- Electric start with auto decompression system. Unit can be re-started in any gear.
- Compact 4-valve cylinder head features a 12.5:1 compression ratio.
- Lightweight titanium valves use load-reduced oval valve springs.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner.
- Lightweight hollow intake & exhaust camshafts.
- Lightweight, "liner-less" ceramic composite plated aluminum cylinder.
- Cylinder is "offset" relative to the crankshaft (to exhaust side) reducing frictional losses between piston & cylinder wall during the power stroke.
- Cylinder "cutaways" allow air "trapped" under the piston to enter a side chamber (or cutaway) to reduce horsepower-robbing "pumping losses."
- The crankcase also utilizes cutaways to reduce "pumping losses". The crankcase cutaways match the cutaways in the cylinder for maximum efficiency.
- YZ450F based, compact, lightweight "Bilateral Beam" aluminum frame.
- Lightweight, tapered aluminum swingarm.
- Lightweight detachable rear sub frame.
- YZ450F based, 48mm, adjustable, inverted, Kayaba "SSS" cartridge fork with 310mm (12.2") of wheel travel.
- Fork features a twin-chamber, "Speed Sensitive System" design meaning the damper unit is in a separate structure (completely separated air & oil chambers) which prevents aerated fork oil from entering the inner damper assembly and degrading its damping abilities. Since the inner damper is pressurized, it also eliminates bubbles forming in the oil.
- Fork also features a Transfer Control Valve (TCV).
- Large "wrap-around" plastic fork protectors provide excellent lower fork tube protection.
- YZ450F based, Monocross link rear suspension features a fully adjustable Kayaba piggyback shock providing 318 mm (12.5") of wheel travel.
- 270mm floating front "wave-style" disc & compact Nissin twin piston caliper.
- "Shorty style" adjustable front brake lever can be adjusted to fit various hand sizes.