**price does not include freight/PDI/doc
2018 Yamaha YZ250FXCONQUER DIRT
The high flying, high paced action of motocross is not for everyone. As a result, the slightly less intense world of cross country / harescramble racing is experiencing solid growth and interest. The YZ250FX is a cross country focused model with the performance potential of the YZ250F. If you are serious about winning, the YZ250FX could be the machine for you. Check out the impressive list of improvements for 2018.ELECTRIC START
Convenient, dependable electric start ensures hassle-free, push button start.PERFORMANCE
The YZ250FX uses the "Best in Class" YZ250F reversed cylinder, rearward slanted engine with modified fuel injection settings, electric starting and a 6-speed transmission. With the optional GYT-R YZ Power tuner, you can adjust both fuel mapping and ignition mapping to best suit conditions and riding ability.THE EXTRAS
Featuring KYB "SSS" forks and a fully adjustable KYB rear shock, the FX uses the same suspension as its MX cousin with softer settings and slightly more rear wheel travel. Also included is a lightweight aluminum side stand and an 18" rear wheel. With a maximum noise output of 94 dB, the muffler is the same as the current YZ250F.
Features may include:ENGINE
- "Reversed" liquid-cooled, 250 cc, DOHC, 4-valve (titanium), single-cylinder engine with fuel injection. The engine has been tuned for excellent rideability and controllability and delivers a broad, easy-to-use powerband with excellent power characteristics throughout the rev range. 2018 model changes improve power delivery in both low-to-mid and mid-to-top-end performance.
- Rearward-slanted, reversed cylinder design.
- "Reversed" engine design (FI system is front-mounted, exhaust exits from rear of cylinder).
- Electric start with auto decompression system. Unit can be re-started in any gear.
- Lightweight titanium valves and revised load optimized valve springs.
- Shorter internal air box funnel & new intake manifold with larger cross section.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner.
- New, lightweight, short-skirt, forged aluminum piston.
- Lightweight piston pin features a diamond-like coating (DLC) to reduce friction.
- Piston oil cooler jet nozzle directs oil to the desired portion of the cylinder and underside of piston.
- "Liner-less" lightweight aluminum cylinder with ceramic composite coating.
- Cylinder and crankcase "cutaways" allow air "trapped" under the piston to enter special chambers or cutaways.
- Compact bilateral beam aluminum frame.
- Lightweight, tapered aluminum swingarm.
- Lightweight detachable rear sub frame.
- YZ250F-based, 48 mm, adjustable, inverted, Kayaba "SSS" cartridge fork offers 310 mm (12.2") of wheel travel.
- Fork features a twin-chamber, "Speed Sensitive System" design
- Fork also features a Transfer Control Valve (TCV).
- Large "wrap-around" plastic fork protectors provide excellent lower fork tube protection.
- YZ250F-based, Monocross link rear suspension features a fully adjustable Kayaba piggyback shock with 318 mm (12.5") of wheel travel.
- Adjustable handlebar holders offer a total of 4 different handlebar positions with an adjustment range of 30mm.